Happy Holiday!

I hope everyone had a happy holiday! It was a very busy holiday this year...lots of gift exchanges to coordinate, parties, dinner, planning, shopping. Christmas songs stuck in my head. Hundreds of logs burned in the fireplace. Several bottles of wine consumed. It was all-in-all a successful holiday.

A couple of things I tried making:

Fruitcake! I don't like fruitcake, but I thought I could make one that I did like--not so dark, dense, and strong, but more of a light version. I soaked a bunch of fruit in rum, molasses, and orange juice overnight. I added it to the batter the next day. I splashed the pan with coconut rum before pouring the batter in. It came out very delicious.



Christmas ham for dinner. My mom and I made the glaze with honey, hoisin sauce, Chinese five spice, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and garlic. I stuck cloves into the ham and then I pinned pineapple slices and cherries onto it. I served the ham with potatoes and peas. Tasty!



Did you try making something for the holiday? 


--Realm

Comments

Popular Posts