Party - Apocalypse Christmas Party 2012

This year, we decided on an "apocalypse" themed Christmas party! After all, the world blows up on the 21st, so it only made sense. I trimmed the tree into a disgruntled shape, spray-painted it black, and put up some Mayan decorations around the house. We used red Christmas lights everywhere. I made a volcano so that we can make it explode. And we had a gift exchange in the theme of "what will help someone survive the apocalypse?" Fantastic presents were opened: gas mask, knife, emergency water, pez, cookies, survival book, knife sharpener, duct tape, anti-radiation lotion, and a splint. (My guests were very clever!) My guest brought over dry ice and flammable dessert to make it even more apocalyptic.

Snacks I prepared: Volcano Cake, Mayan Chocolate Cookies, Belizean Chicken, Ash Cheese with Crackers, Volcano Rolls, Coal Candy. (I also bought red hot Cheetos...) We bought stuff to make Lava Flow (pina colada and strawberry syrup) but I confess that we didn't have enough ice to make it.





"Party like there's no to-Maya."


Apocalypse wines:



 I tried to shape these cookies into a Mayan temple:


Pigs in a blanket -- except these are supposed to be people taking shelter from the apocalypse in a blanket:


Snacks! 


 Our volcano!



 Flammable dessert!


Tree ornament:



Goggles and gas masks... we are so prepared!



Hope you guys enjoyed the photos. It was a very fun party!


--Realm

Comments

Popular Posts