Art - Wordless Graphic Novels

Last weekend I had the honor of attending Art Spiegelman's talk on wordless graphic novels accompanied by slides and live jazz, which made for a very cool visual and auditory experience. Art Spiegelman is a legendary graphic novelist who created Maus. If you are interested in history and graphic novels, you must check Maus out.


I was introduced a few new favorite artists that night, which is not something that happens often.

First off, Lynd Ward. His art is so contrasty and dramatic and perfectly composed. I fell in love right away.



Next, Si Lewen. His art conveys motion with unique shapes and style. I thought it was so remarkable and inspiring. I must have his art in my house. MUST.




I hope you guys check these incredible artists out! I know I'll be collecting more works by them.


--Realm

Comments

Popular Posts