Le Fay Series - Research Travel: To England

The Le Fay Series is set in the UK. As an Arthurian tale, I definitely wanted to set it in an authentic location. Problem: I've never been to the UK! A few years ago, I knew I had to go to Britain in order to properly write this series. Googling information isn't quite the same as experience. 

Before planning my trip, I wrote the first draft of the entire series. This way, I had a solid understanding of each location my characters would travel to. Choosing each setting was not a light process. I did heavy research on Arthurian locations and there's a lot of places to choose from! In the end I'm super excited about my choices.

On the plane, I brought my Le Fay Series notebook! I jotted down everything: food I ate, the type of plants I saw, notes on the weather, the smell of certain places, and every sort of minor detail that crossed my mind! 


Me opening the book to review my itinerary... which was very very carefully planned:


Landing in London! So excited. It looks so... so... England-y!



I am not posting my itinerary and map notes yet since I don't want to spoil anything for you guys!

I have already posted some travel photos relevant to Henge, the first book in the series. If you missed them here are the links:






As I move onto SWORD, the second book, I'll start posting other photos! Stay tuned.


--Realm

Comments

Popular Posts