In Memory of Artist Paul Pepera

Today I'm sharing the work of Paul Pepera who unexpectedly passed away on 3/27. He was the co-founder of System Era and created Astroneer with his team. He was my friend, colleague, and a huge source of inspiration. He was kind, brilliant, extraordinary, and passionate about art. He was the best 3D modeler I personally knew. When he smiled, it was genuine and warm. 

We had a lot in common besides our industry--we both understood what it was like to have a passion project worth working on until the wee hours on a week night. The two of us worked at three of the same companies (though never at the same time--missing our timing by a couple months--which we laughed about): Valve, Microsoft, Oculus.   

He was already a star shining in this world and I always thought he was going to keep going up and up like a shooting star. It didn't seem real that his journey here was finished. Paul was young--a year younger than me. It shakes me up to see him gone. I will remember Paul, always.

Check out Paul's phenomenal work here.

Rest in Peace and shine on, my friend. The inspiration you gave us lives on.



--Realm

Comments

Popular Posts