Happy 2019!

Happy New Year!

How's the first day of 2019 going for you so far? I did the tradition of going for a walk in the morning to see the first sunrise. It was quiet and very chilly. Some people were bravely diving into the ice cold lake.  


Once I got home I made ozoni (Japanese soup made on new year's morning), and for lunch, I made osechi ryori, another Japanese dish for the occasion. 

Osechi Ryori:


And of course Japanese New Year isn't complete without a daruma doll:


The sun was bright so I went outside and saw the camellia blooming:




For the rest of the day I will be doing fun things: drawing and writing.

Some goals for the year:

  • I started a graphic novel last year, using traditional pen, ink, and paper. I wish to share more of my visual storytelling this year.
  • There is a new novel coming out with a brand new story. It should publish this year.
  • I'd like to focus on being more present.
  • Other goals: being healthy, more yoga, keeping up with my ballet, more drawing, more writing.

It's said that this is a year of celebration due to it being the year of the pig, which ends the Chinese zodiac cycle, and that it's the closing of a decade. A year of joy certainly sounds nice! Another thing I'd like to do more of is pay attention to what brings me joy and I want that to reflect in my creative work.

I hope you'll stay tuned and continue to visit my blog this year. I look forward to sharing more of my work with you. Thank you for your continued support!


--Realm

Comments

Popular Posts