Books - Indie Book Expo

I went to the April Book Expo hosted by Hugo House. There were tons of tables full of amazing indie publishers, books, and magazines. I was struck by how many of the books had very unique and fun bindings that I don't typically see in regular stores. Picking up a book was like an art experience because some of the covers were so mysterious and cool and had no text on the back. I saw translucent paper bindings, foldout contraptions, and bible-like bindings with gilded edges. It was like walking into a treasure trove and I wish I brought more cash to buy tons of books. 




Some fun items I picked up visiting tables:




It made me inspired to seek more indie books and also create limited indie editions of my books with special bindings. If there's an indie book expo near you, I highly recommend checking it out!


--Realm

Comments

Popular Posts