News - Week 08/10/09

Blog News:

Interviews are still going on actively! Check out my interview with Chris Finch for details. Keep 'em coming, guys!

Big thanks to everyone who made floral donations in exchange for the Art Saves print. My grandma just passed away. She died a peaceful death surrounded by loved ones. Again, thanks for filling her last days on Earth with flowers. I am eternally grateful. I got the large posters printed out on high quality paper and I think you will all be pleased with how it came out. (Posters have been sent out.)

____


Book Status:

The first draft of Book 2 was completed last night at 61,000 words. (08/15/09 -- 11:25 PM) It took a total of two months--half the amount of time it took to do the first draft of CLAN!

What's next? I'm going to let the first draft sit for a few weeks so it can cool down. Meanwhile, I will be typing up second draft segments on a separate document. (I have a good idea of which scenes to redraft.) Once I read over the first draft with fresh eyes, I can start fixing things and then incorporate my second draft in. 

Book 2 is an interesting one because it was written while dealing with the impending grief of losing my grandma. Everyone has something to turn to during hard times. For me, it was writing and also drawing pictures for her. 

____ 

 
Book Buzz:

--Congratulations to Kiersten White, who got a three book deal with HarperTeen!

--Little Brown editor, Alvina Ling, is now on Twitter! (@planetalvina


--#kidlitchat is growing ever more popular on Twitter--join the chat every Tuesday.

--YA author tour announced: Smart Chicks Kick It Tour.





--The movie adaptation of The Time Traveler's Wife is out. I'll read the book--but I didn't like the trailer. I'll admit it, watching sap makes me a bit nauseous. 

--If you want a laugh, check out this grammar ninja video by Weird Al Yankovic.

Cheers!

--Realm

Comments

  1. Oh, Realm, I am so sorry. I'm thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for everything, Little Willow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. She must have been so proud of you!

    Congratulations on finishing the second book and thanks for all the links.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts